- How can I sign-up for ArcGIS Online Account?
Please navigate to https://uchicago.maps.arcgis.com and signup for an account using your CNetID.
- How many ESRI credits are available for students and researchers.
Everyone signed up for ArcGIS online account will be provided 500 credits.
- I have uploaded my file, but it tells me that a header name is invalid. How can I proceed?
The geocoder will only accept files in a CSV format with very particular headers or variable names. Please refer to the Formatting Data for Processing section at https://gis.rcc.uchicago.edu/content/rcc-gis-geocoding-service.
- After submitting the file for geocoding, the process stopped, and I received an error message. Is there a reason for this?
You may not have enough ArcGIS Online credits to complete the process. As outlined on the RCC-GIS Geocoding Service web page, users are allocated enough credits to process approximately 50,000 records. You can check your credit allocation by logging on to https://uchicago.maps.arcgis.com with your UChicago login. In the upper right corner of the main page, you will see a pulldown arrow next to your login name. Click the arrow and choose My Profile. On your profile, you will see a section labelled Available Credits. If you have depleted all of your credits or do not have enough to continue, please email a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Can I request for additional credits?
Students may request for additional 2000 credits. More credits can be provided to researchers based on a cost-sharing basis. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
- What are the system requirements for ArcGIS?
ArcGIS for Desktop system requirements
- How do I run ArcGIS on a Mac?
ArcGIS requires a Windows environment, so you would have to use one of the following methods to launch Windows and install ArcGIS:
- Bootcamp http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1461
- Parallels Desktop for Mac http://www.parallels.com
- VMWare Fusion http://www.vmware.com/products/fusion/overview.html
- How do I enable the Spatial Analyst Extension?
In ArcMap or ArcCatalog go to Customize> Extensions…> Check the extensions you want to use
What is ArcGIS Pro?
ArcGIS Pro is designed to be the premier application for visualizing, editing, and performing analysis using local content, or content from your ArcGIS Online or Portal for ArcGIS organization. Using ArcGIS Pro, you can author content in both 2D and 3D and share your work with others
Can ArcGIS Pro be installed on a machine with ArcGIS for Desktop?
Yes, ArcGIS Pro can be installed on the same machine as other ArcGIS for Desktop releases, or on a machine without any Esri products.